Repeat after us: It is easy to wrap a wedding present. Even when you want to take it a little over the top. Just try one of these three extremely lovely, super simple gift wrap ideas.
WRAP A WEDDING PRESENT IDEA #1: GIFT CARD GLAM
You’ve got a gift card they’ll love and a card with the perfect message. Time to dress them up so they own their spot on the gift table. This one’s super-easy, and a great way to make use of bits of wrapping paper you have in your stash.
- Cut a strip of beautiful wrapping paper a couple of inches shorter than the height of your card, and just the tiniest bit longer in width.
- Wrap it around the card and secure the back with a little tape.
- Tie a complementary ribbon around the card.
- Add the couple’s name to a gift tag and tie it to the ribbon.
WRAP A WEDDING PRESENT IDEA #2: CARD’S THE STAR
When your greeting is this gorgeous, it might hurt a little to put it in an envelope. So! Use some reversible wrapping paper to make a little pocket that puts your congrats card front and center. (Watch the video carefully for this one!)
- Write a message in your card—but don’t put it in the envelope.
- Cut a length of reversible wrapping paper that goes completely around your present about one and a half times and is a few inches wider on each end.
- Lay the paper in front of you with the side you want to show on the pocket facing down. Fold the top left corner down to the bottom edge, and crease—then turn the paper over so the point is at the top left.
- Place the present in the middle of the paper, and fold the paper around it, starting on the right. You may need to adjust it a little to get the pocket just where you want it.
- Once you’ve got the pocket in place, continue wrapping like you would any other box.
- Put a little double-stick tape (or make a tiny loop with regular tape) on the back of the card to hold it in place, and slip it inside the pocket. Not too far, though—you want the design to show!
WRAP A WEDDING PRESENT IDEA #3: FLOWER POWER
- Choose a wrap that makes your gift trim pop: This bold striped paper is the perfect contrast to our gilded flowers.
- Wrap a satin ribbon around the gift and tape it in place on the back.
- Try some pretty hand lettering on the envelope, and add a bow.
- Slide the card under the ribbon, and add more bows around the edges to old it in place.