To get fully in the holiday spirit, we recommend making themed treats to go with your favorite Hallmark Channel Christmas movies. We worked with Think.Make.Share Food Editor (and Hallmark Writer) Jennifer F. to come up with the perfect watch party recipes—like this sweet, minty Evergreen Cream cocktail.
HOW TO MAKE EVERGREEN CREAM COCKTAILS
Evergreen Cream tastes like Christmas! Irish cream liqueur and white chocolate make it sweet and creamy—and créme de menthe and a candy-cane garnish give it a double hit of peppermint.
Evergreen Cream Drink Recipe
- 1 oz créme de menthe
- 1 oz vodka
- 3 oz Irish cream liqueur
- 1 oz half and half
- 4-8 small candy canes
- 1/4 c white chocolate chips
Start by preparing your glasses:
- Crush the candy canes to small pieces—not quite to dust—in a saucer or shallow bowl.
- In a shallow bowl large enough for the tops of your beverages glasses to fit, microwave the white chocolate chips until melted. (Start with 15 seconds, then stir.)
- Dip the rim of your beverage glasses in the white chocolate, then the crushed candy canes. Let set.
While the candy rims set, mix your drink:
- Add all liquid ingredients to a strainer with lots of ice and shake really well to chill thoroughly.
- Strain Evergreen Cream into glasses and serve.
For the snacks, try Reindeer Crunch Popcorn Mix. We made ours with a bag of lightly salted pre-popped popcorn (because its super fluffy and there are very few un-popped kernels) and used red and green chocolate-covered sunflower seeds which we separated by hand (because we are all about a theme).