Here in the midwest it’s been pretty chilly, so we can’t help but think about the tropics and all their greenery. Even before the cold set in, tropical leaf prints and designs have been trending. With a fresh bold look, these nostalgic tropical prints are making a come back—and we’re not talking about your typical resort getaway gear.
In this month’s trend story, we are sharing some of our favorite Tropical Flair inspiration. We love the iconic shapes of monstera leaves, the fiddle leaf fig, and banana leaves that are showing up in large-scale repeat patterns. All the tropical shades of green pair well with soft pinks, peaches and blues or make a sophisticated and dramatic statement on white. On wallpaper, textiles, fashion, and even in wedding bouquets, these organic silhouettes remind us of warmer places we long to escape to.
Tropical Flair features (left to right, top to bottom):
• Monstera Girl by Irena Sophia
• Gold monstera leaf from Atchinson Home
• Hola, nature pattern by Elena Boils
• Tropical Sunset, Hallmark artwork created by Diren He
• Moderm tropical pillow design by Whitlock and Co.
• Photo from Late Afternoon Blog and Blazer design from Pencey
• Vintage textile design from our Hallmark archives