There’s not always time to turn wrapping a gift into a full-on craft project…but if you’re big fans of fancy (like we are), Valentine’s Day is your chance to go all out. That said, these tissue paper gift wrapping ideas are super easy and minimally fussy—and they just plain look good. Let’s get down to it, shall we?
What you’ll need for these tissue paper gift wrapping ideas
Tissue Paper Bow
- Cut a strip of tissue paper. You can make it as wide or narrow as you’d like. Ours is about a third as wide as the box, and we used the full length of the tissue paper.
- Fan-fold it (with the design facing you), but only crease the folds at the bottom.
- Make a hole in the center, about a quarter inch up from the bottom.
- Cut a ribbon to go around that package, plus a few inches to make a knot.
- Thread the ribbon through the tissue paper bow.
- With the bow on top, wrap the ribbon around the gift and tie a knot.
- Gently spread the bow out and fluff it up.
- Tuck a card under the ribbon.
Ombré Tissue Paper Fringe
- Cut strips of tissue paper about 4″ wide and long enough to wrap around the gift. For the ombré look, you’ll need two strips each of paper in least three similar shades. (You can just cut it from different parts of ombré paper.)
- Fold the paper in half lengthwise (to double it up for the fringe), then in half horizontally (to save yourself some work).
- Make 1″ to 1 1/2″ snips opposite the fold.
- Unfold it once and wrap it around the gift with the fringe stopping about an inch from the bottom, taping it at the back.
- Repeat with each strip and add them to the gift, layering the fringe as you move up.
- Tuck a card underneath the fringe.
Tissue Paper Confetti Squares
- Cut pieces of 2-4 different tissue paper colors and designs.
- Stack the pieces and fold them in half, then in half again.
- Cut wide, 2″ to 3″ deep fringe opposite the fold.
- Cut across the fringe to make confetti squares.
- Put the confetti inside a Valentine’s Day card, inside a present…or scatter it across a tablecloth to make a romantic meal a little more festive.