Nothing says, “You’re awesome” like a breakfast spread and gifts decorated with our superhero toppers. We used them to make a big deal out of Father’s Day, but they’re great for any of your heroes—from kiddos to coworkers.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR DIY SUPERHERO TOPPERS
- Wooden toothpicks and/or skewers
- Scissors or craft knife
- Hole punch
- Glue or glue stick
- Free printable toppers
- White card stock
- Yellow construction paper
- Felt (for the cape)
- Wrapped gifts (solid blue for the cityscape)
- Food and drinks
How to make food and drink toppers
- Print the free download on card stock.
- Cut out the toppers.
- Tape a toothpick or skewer to the back.
Looking for a great Bloody Mary recipe? Here’s the one we used.
Giving gifts some extra POP!
Incog-neato gift bag: Cut out the masks, punch holes in each outer corner, and tie on some baker’s twine. Tie the mask on to a gift (or the sidekick of your choice).
City-scape gifts: Wrap the gift in dark, solid blue or black. Cut squares and rectangles for the lighted windows and glue them on.
Bonus topper: Coffee cape
- Cut a piece of felt about 1 inch shorter than and 3/4 the diameter of your coffee mug.
- Cut an even number of holes about 1/4-1/2 from the top, about 1/2″ apart.
- Cut a piece of baker’s twine at least 1 1/2 times the diameter of the mug, and string it through the holes in the cape.
- Glue a star or lightning bolt to the back.
- Tie it around the coffee mug.