No-Carve Halloween Decorations
Mandy is a designer on our Signature team and is no stranger to making things bright, shiny and pretty. She’s here today to show us a unique pumpkin decorating ideas—using the card line’s very glamorous #SignatureStyle.
At Hallmark Signature, we are all about reinventing the familiar! We use special processes, materials and dimension to create cards that are unique pieces of art anyone would be excited to give or receive. That’s how we think, and that’s who we are. So we were excited when we had the opportunity to use our Signature Halloween cards as inspiration for decorating pumpkins with the Think.Make.Share team. Each artist had the chance to create their own #SignatureStyle pumpkin design. Here’s how they turned out!
Make your own #SignatureStyle pumpkin! Here is a simple DIY technique to create an eye-catching, no-carve pumpkin with glimmer and shimmer.
DIY GLAM PUMPKINS
- 1 pumpkin—any size
- Gemstones—small, medium and large in various colors
- Sequins—various sizes and colors
- Craft glue
- Metallic spray paint
- Pick out a pumpkin, wipe down and dry.
- Pick out a metallic spray paint (we went with gold) and spray paint the entire pumpkin. Let dry.
3. Get out your small, medium and large gemstones. There is no right or wrong when choosing your gems, just choose colors and shapes you like or that go well with your décor. Start with some of the larger gems and begin gluing them to the top of the pumpkin. No rules here. Just start gluing in a ring around the top of the pumpkin with a couple inches in between.
4. Take the small and medium gems and start gluing to the pumpkin, filling in some of the gaps between the larger gems. Do the same with the sequins.
5. Repeat the process until the top of the pumpkin is covered in bling. Once you get a third of the way down the pumpkin, start tapering off on your application of the gems and sequins and use only the smaller pieces.
6. Once the glue dries, your no-carve, #SignatureStyle pumpkin is ready to display!
More Pumpkin Ideas
Looking for more pumpkin designs? Jump to this page to see the many other beautiful and fun ways Hallmark artists decorate pumpkins. For simple pumpkin carving ideas, download free Peanuts®-inspired stencils and watch our how-to video.
Share Your Pumpkin Photos
Share your own #SignatureStyle pumpkin and other no-carve pumpkins this fall on Instagram @hallmarksignature and @think.make.share. And make sure to check out what’s going on in Hallmark stores for the scary season!
Photography by Jake Johnson.