It’s time to freshen up that snail mail stash of cards and stationery, get out the good pens, and stock up on pretty stamps. Oh—and make sure those address books are up to date. National Card and Letter Writing Month is coming up in April, and we want to be ready.
What is National Card and Letter Writing Month?
The U.S. Postal Service officially designated April National Card and Letter Writing Month in 2001 “to raise awareness of the importance and historical significance of card and letter writing.” A whole month dedicated to cards and letters sounds like it was just made for us, right?
We like it because writing and sending cards and letters makes people feel good. And because snail mail deserves a lot more love.
Everything about a card or letter screams “somebody cares”: the name and address in familiar handwriting, the knowledge someone took the time to sit down and write to you and then find a stamp and send it, the fancy paper. So when you write someone a letter, you’re literally sending happiness into the world.
What we’ve got going on to celebrate…
You’re invited to join us in writing, signing, sealing and stamping starting April 1st. Here’s what we’ve got for you:
- Calendars, with different ideas for cards and letters to send every day (one for kids and one for you)
- Ideas from Hallmark about what to write in any greeting card
- How to build a letter writing habit
- Etiquette for addressing envelopes
- Letters to yourself count, too! Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Posts and how-tos and more posts to inspire you
- So very many excuses to get out your favorite pens, fancy paper, and craft supplies
- Recommendations for some of our favorite stationery essentials
- Surprises for our fans along the way—make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram so you don’t miss out!
Clear off a space on your desk. Fill a mug with your best pens. Stock up on stickers and washi tape. And grab some cool stamps. Let’s get ready to write.
Get even more inspired by signing up for our email newsletter. And if you want to share your stories, show off your photos, or even commiserate about your frustrations (WHY can’t you ever find your favorite pen when you really need it?!), we’re here for you. Just be sure to tag your photos #pswritebacksoon on Instagram. And you can always chat with us on Facebook or in the comments below!