Who doesn’t love a bottle of wine or a gift card to a favorite place? We gave our favorite hostess gifts to our stylist with a request to make them look fabulous—but, you know, with normal human skills and effort. Here are three easy-but-fancy hostess gift wrap ideas…
supplies for hostess gift wrap ideas
tiny sprig of greenery (grab one from your tree or wreath, or do a little foraging)
Hostess Wine bottle gift wrap idea
- Cut a piece of gift wrap wide enough to go completely around your bottle and tall enough to cover the flat part, plus about an inch and a half.
- Fold the top and bottom back so you have a straight edge.
- Wrap it around the bottle and secure with double-stick tape.
- Tie a coordinating gift tag around the neck of the bottle.
- Make yourself a wine-wrap “stash”: Cut a few gift wrap designs to a standard size and throw them in a large zipper baggie with an assortment of gift tags and a roll of double-stick tape. Keep it in the car and you’re set for last-minute party invitations.
Gift card wrap
- Start with a piece of gift wrap about 8 1/2″ wide by 10″ long, and put it design-side-down.
- Place the gift card a little bit lower than the center of the wrap.
- Fold the top of the wrap down along the top edge of the card and crease it.
- Fold the bottom of the wrap up along the bottom edge of the card and crease it.
- Unfold the bottom. Pull the bottom edge up to a little bit above the bottom crease, and crease again.
- Now fold the bottom edge up one more time to make a little pocket, and crease one more time.
- Flip the card over, and fold the right side in along the right edge of the card. Crease it, secure with double-stick tape, and repeat with the left side.
- Stick a little piece of greenery in the front pocket.
Keep a little stack of wrapped gift cards on hand for last-minute presents. Use different wrapping paper for different kinds of gift cards so you know what’s inside.
One of our favorite tricks is to tape a band of contrasting wrap around a box, add a ribbon, and tie on an attachment. Bonus: You can slide a holiday card behind the band and it won’t get separated from the gift. (If you’re still a little worried, secure it with a little bit of double-stick tape.)
Use double-sided wrapping paper to wrap the box and make the band.