How do you watch Hallmark Channel Christmas movies? Are you wrapped up in a blanket on the sofa, binge-watching from your DVR? Or sharing a bowl of popcorn with your sister/bestie/mom while you wait for the newest story to premiere? We are here for all of that. So we helped Think.Make.Share Account Leader McKenzie M., her mom, and her little sister put together a sweet little Hallmark Channel Christmas movie watch party to celebrate the start of the season. We’ve got treats (because OF COURSE we do), a holiday sweatshirt DIY, and a bingo card from our friends at Ideas.Hallmark.com.
Plan your Hallmark Channel Christmas Movie Watch Party
Gather your friends
Low-key: Tell your best friend to clear your spot on the couch—you’re coming over.
Festive: Invite a couple of friends who love holiday movies as much as you do.
Extra: Include a cynic who is completely over Christmas, knowing you’ll win her over before the night is through.
Set the stage
Low-key: Grab a fluffy white blanket and pretend you’re watching from a picturesque snow drift.
Festive: Add twinkle lights.
Extra: Decor, snacks, drinks, and wardrobe based on your favorite holiday color palette. #HallmarkLife
Make some snacks
Low-key: Use a cookie cutter to cut cheese slices in holiday shapes and serve with crackers from a Special Holiday Edition box.
Festive: Make our super-easy holiday snack mix.
Extra: Decorate sugar cookies or make a holiday cake.
Serve up holiday cheer
Low-key: Microwave your favorite hot cocoa in your favorite mug and throw in a few marshmallows.
Festive: Try an Evergreen Cream, our Official Beverage of Christmas Movie Watch Parties.
Extra: Set up a hot chocolate bar so everyone can personalize their steamy cocoa goodness.
Low-key: Christmas pajamas.
Festive: Christmas sweaters.
Extra: DIY Christmas sweatshirts.
Hallmark Channel Christmas Movie Watch Party Pro Tips
- Play Hallmark Channel BINGO—with answers on-screen and IRL. Download and get the rules and tips from our friends at Ideas.Hallmark.com.
- Putting food and drinks on a festive bar cart means you can pull it right up to the couch and no one has to stop the movie for a refill.
- Download the Countdown to Christmas checklist app to make sure you don’t repeat a movie until you’ve watched them all.
- Grab our This or That Instagram story to pick your favorite holiday things.
- Pregame with your favorite holiday playlist—look for the Hallmark Channel Christmas Music on Spotify an Pandora, and Hallmark Channel Radio on Sirius.
- While you rewatch your favorites (and you know you do), write some of your Christmas cards.
Please please oh please with whipped cream and sprinkles on top show us your watch party photos! Tag Think.Make.Share on Instagram.