A frosty-cold Margarita? In February? Why?
Sometimes, the only reason you need is “because the internet said so.” We invite you to join us in raising a glass to National Margarita Day with this tried and true recipe from our Managing Editor, Tobe R.
One of my favorite (albeit less fancy) recipes is the Beer Margarita. It’s strong, tasty and a fan favorite every time.
You will need:
- 12 fl. oz. tequila
- 12 fl. oz. Mexican beer
- 12 fl. oz. frozen limeade
- 12 fl. oz. lemon-lime soda
- Lime, quartered
- Cilantro, loosely chopped
- Margarita or kosher salt
- Combine equal parts tequila, beer, limeade and soda in a pitcher.
- Wet glass rim with water—or just rub it with a slice of lime—and dip in salt, if desired.
- Add ice and margarita mixture.
- Or, if you’re a frozen Margarita fan: Fill the blender about 1/2-3/4 way with ice, then pour in the Margarita mixture and blend until smooth. (You can usually get two blenders-full out of one pitcher.)
- Garnish with lime wedge and pinch of cilantro.
We are told this makes 6-8 Margaritas.
Illustration by Hallmark artist Marisol Ortega.