With its ripe berries, fresh mint and basil leaves, and creamy spread, Fruit and Goat Cheese Bruschetta looks and tastes like summer. It’s just right for brunch. (Or breakfast. Or dessert. Or midnight snacking. Fruit and Goat Cheese Bruschetta will not be pigeonholed.)
Fruit and Goat Cheese Bruschetta Recipe
- 1 loaf of French bread, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 10 ounces goat cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- fresh blueberries
- fresh raspberries
- fresh strawberries, trimmed and cut in half
- fresh mint
- fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until toasted. Remove and set aside.
- In a high-powered blender or stand mixer, combine the goat cheese, cream cheese, honey, and sugar. Cream until fully combined and smooth.
- To assemble the bruschetta, top each piece of bread with one tablespoon of the goat cheese mixture. Then add a leaf of basil or mint to each piece (they all taste wonderful together, so mix as you please). Top off the bruschetta with a blackberry, raspberry or strawberry.
Find a cute platter or place and place the fruit and goat cheese bruschetta slices all in a row. So simple! So pretty! So yummy!
Or—if the morning gets away from you and you don’t have time to put it all together—put the ingredients in pretty bowls and plates, and let your guests assemble their own. You can call it a “build your own bruschetta bar” to make it sound fancier.
Photographer: Jake Johnson | Stylist: Betsy Gantt