What draws you to a dessert recipe? Gorgeous pictures? Videos that make you want to lick your screen? The fact that you happen to have all (or, you know, most) of the ingredients at home?
Designer and Think.Make.Share. editor Ashley H. is a sucker for a good picture. “Also chocolate. Also chocolate with ice cream,” she notes.
“This brownie recipe is just the yummiest of combos and something my whole crew will gobble up,” Ashley says. “It isn’t always easy to please all five of us…this does just that.”
“I know January is usually a month of resolutions, like eating healthy—but for me, it’s a month of long gray days and cold nights. So I like to spend it snuggled up on the couch with my family, sharing a sweet, decadent treat that really warms us up.”
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Vanilla ice cream
- Maraschino cherries
- Chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a round pan.
- Melt butter and remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Beat in cocoa, flour, salt, baking powder and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Serve warm. Top with vanilla ice cream, Maraschino cherries and chopped peanuts.
We hope you enjoy this delicious recipe—be sure to share it with your family and friends.
Photographer: Lindsey Mehlhorn | Stylist: Lori Labelle